Compulab sale terms
Ordering from a reseller
- Reseller’s terms apply. Please check terms with the reseller. For technical support please turn to the reseller.
- Technical support is provided to all customers through www.fit-pc.com/forum. Personalised support is provided by our Application Support Engineer
Orders from Stock
- C-LAB maintains an inventory of products and accessories to enable fast prototyping and development support. These can be directly ordered from C-LAB. Quantities in stock are usually not meant to support full scale production volumes.
- Products from stock require no minimum order, and are shipped (if available) on the next business day.
- The specifications of stock items are updated periodically, to satisfy most prevalent demand.
- Items in stock cannot be allocated for future or scheduled shipment. All available quantity is shipped at once, as soon as possible
Order Placement Process
- Orders are non-cancelable and non-returnable. Modifications of quantity, configuration or delivery time are subject to C-LAB’s approval.
- Orders must specify the exact C-LAB part number/SKU, quantity and price. This information can be obtained by requesting a quotation from C-LAB sales department.
- C-LAB is not responsible for any mistakes found in the customer’s purchase order
- In the case of discrepancy between C-LAB’s published terms and terms specified in the order, C-LAB’s published terms rule unless agreed otherwise between the parties in writing.
- Products are shipped either from Israel with an international courier or from a domestic C-LAB branch.
- Shipping fee reflects courier price and varies by country. Price does not include import duties and taxes which may be charged by the courier or local authority.
- Courier Account
Items can be shipped on either C-LAB’s courier account or the customer’s courier account.
All shipments are insured. C-LAB’s shipping department requests that the couriers insure all shipments by default, unless otherwise explicitly specified in the customer’s order.
- Responsibility in case of loss
Items shipped on C-LAB’s courier account remain C-LAB’s responsibility until delivery to the customer.
Items shipped on the customer’s courier account are the customer’s sole responsibility from collection at C-LAB. Loss or damage during shipment is considered similar to loss/damage in the customer’s facilities
- No Consolidations
Consolidation requests are ignored in most cases, especially if they refer to items not available at the same time. Items available for shipment at the same time are usually consolidated by default.
o Shipping is accompanied with an Invoice and/or Packing List containing: – List of contents, according to C-LAB’s part numbers – Shipping and Billing addresses – Date, Invoice number, end user name – Payment termsCertificate of Compliance (COC) and Country of Origin (COO) statements are available on request.
o Beyond the listed above, no other documentation is provided, even if specifically requested in a customer’s order form.
- For initial transactions:
Order value below $10K : 100% on order.
Order value above $10K : 50% on order and 50% before shipment (i.e. as soon as items are available for shipment).
- After accumulated purchases of $100K:
Order value below $10K : 100% within 30 days of shipment.
Order value above $10K : 50% on order and 50% within 30 days of shipment.
- Late payments: C-LAB reserves the right to charge interest at the rate of 1% per month, in addition to standard interest rates, for all outstanding debts not paid according to the agreed terms. C-LAB also reserves the right to revise customer’s payment terms, in case of outstanding debt or payment delays.
C-LAB guarantees hardware products against defects in workmanship and material for a period of 60 months from the date of shipment. Your sole remedy and C-LAB’s sole liability shall be for C-LAB, at its sole discretion, to either repair or replace the defective product at no charge or to refund the purchase price. Shipment costs in both directions are the responsibility of the customer. This warranty is void if the hardware product has been altered or damaged by accident, misuse or abuse.
Warranty on 3rd party parts is 24 months only
Disclaimer of Warranty
THIS WARRANTY IS MADE IN LIEU OF ANY OTHER WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESSED, OR IMPLIED, OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A SPECIFIC PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR THEIR EQUIVALENTS UNDER THE LAWS OF ANY JURISDICTION, EXCEPT THE WARRANTY EXPRESSLY STATED HEREIN. THE REMEDIES SET FORTH HEREIN SHALL BE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES OF ANY PURCHASER WITH RESPECT TO ANY DEFECTIVE PRODUCT.
Limitation on Liability
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL C-LAB BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE OR EXPENSE SUFFERED OR INCURRED WITH RESPECT TO ANY DEFECTIVE PRODUCT. IN NO EVENT SHALL COMPULAB BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF PROFIT OR LOSS OF BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY) THAT YOU MAY SUFFER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM USE OF ANY PRODUCT.
Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA)
- Before shipping any goods, buyer must contact the seller and follow the seller’s instructions. If purchased from a reseller, contact the reseller rather than C-LAB – the reseller is committed to providing identical RMA service to that of C-LAB.
- In many cases the observed issues do not stem from a hardware failure and a support engineer can help troubleshoot them on-site.
- Every unit undergoes complete functional testing at the factory before shipping.
- RMA shipping from the buyer to the seller is on the buyer’s expense.
- Shipping back is on the seller’s expense unless:
o Warranty is void due to expiration or user damage.
o RMA is found to be unjustified since hardware is in good working order.
- Stock configuration units are normally replaced as soon as the unit arrives at the seller’s facility and undergoes inspection. Replacement usually takes place within 1 week. Custom configuration units are normally repaired and shipped back. The procedure usually takes up to one month
Test and repair service when warranty does not apply
Following warranty expiration, or when warranty does not apply, service is provided at fixed rates:
Product examination / testing – $50, for all products regardless of test results, plus –
Product repair – $80, only for repaired products.
C-LAB does not guarantee that it will be able to repair the product.
Failing products are discarded; only functional products are shipped back
In case of unjustified round of inspection – if fully functional products were returned for repair, the $50 per product testing rate is applied regardless if products were under warranty or not.
GDPR privacy notice
During the ordering process the buyer is requested to provide the minimal personal details that are required to fulfill international shipment of the goods and allow C-LAB to contact the buyer in case of a fulfillment issue. The provided details are registered in C-LAB internal ERP system for the following purposes:
- Order fulfillment and invoicing
- Verification of technical-support eligibility
- Verification of warranty eligibility and RMA processing
The provided details are never shared with a 3rd party.
C-LAB never initiates an unsolicited communication with buyers.
Records are normally preserved for at least 5 years which reflects the warranty period but may be preserved longer for post-warranty support.
Buyer that would like to have his personal details deleted should request so by an email to email@example.com and specify the order number. Removal of personal details might limit C-LAB ability to fulfill warranty terms and provide technical support.