Airtop2 and Inferno
frequently asked questions
We did not measure everything in Airtop2, so I don’t have the exact number.
The theoretical limit is 4×750 MB/s. In practice it will be limited by SSD performance and system overhead.
BTW, if speed is critical you can get higher speed with 2x NVMe. That we did measure.
The build-to-order is an important feature that cannot be supported by Amazon.
We will monitor demand for that and may decide later to make some configurations available through Amazon.
Yes. Regardless of the presence of discrete graphics Airtop2 has 3 ports of the integrated Intel-HD graphics (2x DP + 1x HDMI).
Inferno is based on Airtop2 design. It is using the same motherboard and the same chassis. Inferno enhances Airtop2 in the following ways:
- More powerful graphics card – GTX 1080 in Inferno vs GTX 1060 in Airtop2
- More powerful CPU – Core-i7 7700K vs Core-i7 7700
- New FACE Module with USB3.1 type C
- Double Natural Airflow air-tubes on each side increase cooling capacity by 50% compared to Airtop2
- Slightly modified decoration
We have customers who install 10 GbE PCIe card in Airtop/Airtop2 (instead of graphics card).