Yocto Indoor Positioning evaluation kit is designed for developers looking to evaluate WiFi 802.11mc RTT indoor positioning.
Indoor positioning requires two types of elements:
An initiator is a WiFi mobile device that acquires ranges.
A responder is a WiFi gateway that is installed on-site at a known position and provides a range to the initiator.
Both Yocto FTMR and Ubuntu FTMC are based on the same Compulab fitlet2 hardware:
- CPU: Intel Atom x7-E3950 quad-core CPU
- RAM: 4 GB DDR3L
- WiFi: Intel 8260AC 802.11ac + Bluetooth 4.2
- Storage: micro-SD 8 GB
Yocto FTMR is pre-installed with the following software (Pre-Release Software):
- Yocto pre-compiled BSP
- Intel AC8260 WIFI driver supporting 802.1 1mcFTM Responder mode
- Bluetooth driver for AC8260
- Network services
Ubuntu FTMC is pre-installed with the following software:
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
- Intel AC8260 WIFI driver supporting 802.11mcFTM Initiator mode with offloaded ranging engine (Pre-Release Software)
- Intel Location Stack for Linux supporting positioning engine , and Interface for applications (API) (demo application)
- Demo location application (demo application)
- Indoor Map and Configuration files for Positioning Engine
- Node.JS web server application for showing real time position on maps via browse
Pre-release software is subject to Compulab end-user-license-agreement
Demo software is provided as-is.