Configuring Wifi for automatic connection in Ralink

AntoniusP

Configuring Wifi for automatic connection in Ralink

Post by AntoniusP »

I am trying to configure Fit PC2 to connect to my router via Wifi and the Ralink utility provided. I can scan and see my router Wifi, I can select it, enter the WEP code and obtain a connection. However, after switching off the system, the Fit-PC2 will not reconnect automatically and I cannot figure out from the help files how to acheive this. Can anyone help please.?
Antonius

per

Re: Configuring Wifi for automatic connection in Ralink

Post by per »

If you are using Windows 7 I would advice you to remove the Ralink utiliy program and just keep the driver and let Windows manage the connections. You can then easily for each connection decide if it should connect automatically on startup or not.

Having said that this should also be possible with the Ralink utility, there must be a configuration page for each connection with an auto-connect choice.

AntoniusP

Re: Configuring Wifi for automatic connection in Ralink

Post by AntoniusP »

Thanks per,
I am using XP Home as pre-installed on Fit-PC2 so not certain whether or not your suggestion applies.

Re. your comment on Ralink. I agree with you but my question was posted because I cannot see how to configure Ralink to automatically reconnect. The screens and help files are not particularly user friendly.

Thanks for help

Return to “Windows on fit-PC2”