Most USB ports not visible

BobH.

Most USB ports not visible

Post by BobH. »

Hi,
I recently purchased a Fitlet-iA10 Win 7 TI. In Device Manager, there are only 2 ports listed, Com1 and Com2. How do I get the computer to activate the other ports, both USB and Cat5, as I need them for my equipment?
Thank you,
BobH.

irads

Re: Most USB ports not visible

Post by irads »

All 5 USB ports and both Ethernet ports should work out of the box (tested before shipment).
From your post I understand that USBs do work (since you can go to device manager in Windows).

Please advise what happens when you plug USB devices and connect Ethernet cables.

BobH.

Post by BobH. »

Hi,
Thank you for responding. Why are all the ports not listed in Device Manager, other than just Com1 and Com2? I am trying to connect a telescope focuser, and I can only choose Com2 or Com2, but get a message that I have wrong port, regardless of which one I choose. I have plugged it into various ports, but it is not recognized. I would like to see all ports listed in Device Manager ... is there a way to do this?
Do these ports not automatically recognize and install third party drivers?

Thank you,

BobH.

irads

Post by irads »

USB devices are not listed under "ports".
It looks like the problem involves mostly the focuser device and Windows. Your best chance is consulting the focuser support.
Maybe reproducing on a laptop or another Win7 PC could be helpful.

If you suspect there is a hardware problem with the fitlet please consult us.

BobH.

Post by BobH. »

Hi,

Thank you. The focuser company is going to access my computer later today via TeamViewer, to see if they can identify the issue.

BobH.

BobH.

Post by BobH. »

Hi Irads,

I downloaded firmware for the FTDI USB-to-Serial Converter and 2 more of the ports came alive, and the focuser connected. All works fine. Thanks for your input.

BobH.

irads

Post by irads »

Good. Thanks for letting us know.
I hope the system works well for you from now on.

Return to “General fitlet questions”