Audio glitching

gbox28

Audio glitching

Post by gbox28 »

Hi i use linux to record a lot of musical instruments at home on the program muse through a presonus audiobox 1818vsl via jack. The audio glitches quite alot which is inconvinient. I think it is the internal midi clock going out of time due to excessive audio processing. If I bought a mintbox mini would having my project folder on the internal mSATA 64GB SSD make a difference to this because of the lack of moving parts and also would the processing power make a difference. Thanks 8-)

mbirger

Re: Audio glitching

Post by mbirger »

Currently what system are you using?
Unfortunately we haven't verified such setup or application, but you have the option to purchase one for evaluation and in case it doesn't satisfy your needs, you can return it and get full refund.

gbox28

Post by gbox28 »

Well Im selling my laptop now but I was using ubuntu 14.10 with a amd athlon n330 dual core 6gb ram and 500gb hd (msata i think), ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 graphics card. So would the mint box mini improve my performance do you think?

mbirger

Post by mbirger »

It is really hard to tell. You should check for online benchmark charts that compares these two platforms or at least compare the category the platforms belongs to (power TDP, core clock, core #, ...).

Return to “Storage”