Power problem w/ MintBox

lewie

Power problem w/ MintBox

Post by lewie »

Just got my MintBox 2. Connected everything up, including power, and nothing happened. Pushed power button. Nothing happened. Repeat. Nothing happened. Removed all connectors (USB, etc), and unplugged power, and plugged it back in - aha! Life! Connected keyboard, mouse and video (HDMI to DVI). Nothing on display. Powered down. Power cycled monitor for good measure. Pushed power button on MintBox. Nothing happened. Tried playing with power connector again. Front panel LED lit up for about 1 second, then turned off again. Tried again, and front panel LED just flicked and went dark. Tried repeatedly, but could only get a flicker. Giving up.

I'm assuming there's a defective power connector, and that RMA is the next step. But I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything first. Please advise.

EDIT: should mention that the DC power connector was initially fully plugged in and secure (rotated 90 degrees and all that). I never got power when it was fully plugged in, though. The only times I'd get any power was when it was plugged in, but not fully secured.

mbirger

Re: Power problem w/ MintBox

Post by mbirger »

It seems like RMA unit.
But just in case, please try to reinstall the memory modules, check that they are plugged properly. Without memories the PC will not boot.

lewie

Re: Power problem w/ MintBox

Post by lewie »

OK - tried re-seating the memory modules. No luck. Heading to RMA page ...

Return to “Intense PC faults and troubleshooting”