Intense PC hangs with Graphics intensive applications

gabrielh
Site Admin

Re: Intense PC hangs with Graphics intensive applications

Post by gabrielh »

We will thoroughly investigate this issue. The issue may be related to the operational temperatures of the memory modules.
I will post the updates on this thread.
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

After making several thorough tests under different condition, (including some units on the field) we were unable to reproduce your issue with the 16GB Corsair Vengeance (CMSX16GX3M2A1600C10) memory or to encounter some other stability issues. Hence, we can approve this memory as a 100% compatible with IntensePC.

Please let me know if you still have a stability issues with your IntensePC and some memory modules.
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

darwin

Post by darwin »

I experienced the same problem too. Watching youtube movies for 10-15 minutes shutdown my intense pc. I am running on Linux kubuntu 10.14. If I don't watch youtube, my server runs for months. I just discovered this lately. I checked the pc casing temperature. It seems the bottom is hotter than on the top. Now it is running fine for days again so long as I don't watch youtube. Please advise if I can exchanged this for newer version with additional cost on my part :D. I want to watch youtube or do extensive graphics without worrying for it shutting down. Please make sure future intense pc hardware can throttle gpu temperature.

mbirger

Post by mbirger »

I would suggest installing Compulab's official OS (Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit + drivers or Linux Mint 17, 64-bit) and check the behavior again.

Check that you use the latest BIOS:
http://www.fit-pc.com/wiki/index.php/IP ... _ROM_files

Then follow the troubleshooting steps:
http://www.fit-pc.com/wiki/index.php/IP ... leshooting

Return to “Intense PC faults and troubleshooting”