Windows 10 and Intense PC

firedog

Windows 10 and Intense PC

Post by firedog »

Any idea if the upcoming Windows 10 will function with the Intense PC and drivers?

If you don't know, do you have any plans to test it?

Thanks

mbirger

Re: Windows 10 and Intense PC

Post by mbirger »

It is not in our scope, neither do in Intel's

firedog

Post by firedog »

Well, now Microsoft is saying it will be a free upgrade for Windows 7 and 8 users. So apparently Microsoft wants and expects millions of existing Intel PCs are going to be upgraded.

Don't you think you should at least tell your users if their machine will run it successfully?

Otherwise, you are creating a negative incentive for using your products - telling us they will always be way behind the curve in OS terms.

firedog

Post by firedog »

Bump. Can't give an answer to the question after it's been here for 6 months?
Microsoft is basically making Windows 10 part of the Windows Update from next week and telling everyone they should install it.
How come we can't get a yes or no recommendation from you?

mbirger

Post by mbirger »

Windows 10 are not available officially at this point, but beta versions only. Its drivers are not available at all at this point.
However we're already working on Windows 10 compatibility verification on our systems, and using Windows 8.1 drivers that fits.

IPC2 and fit-PC4 support Windows 10. I believe that Intense PC will support it as well, as it supports Windows 8.1 . Final answer will be given as soon as we will finish all the tests.

emurach

Post by emurach »

I upgrade one Intense PC Pro to Win 10 Retail x64 PRO and ran it for 2 days. I had to upgrade my Broadcom driver for my Azurewave AW-CE123H before the upgrade so the Bluetooth would work. Found audio off after upgrading. Had to uninstall audio driver. Downloaded newest off RealTek site for Win 10. Found that solve like 80% of the issue. Stuff still seemed a bit flat to me. The Codecs were off. Un-install KLite and Re-installed Klite. Fixed that. Audio still seems bit flat. Win 10 could use an equalizer. Upgrade the intel Video driver for Win 10. Didn't see any major change.

Over all everything seemed too work. I found all video color playback to be really too vivid/sharp. It seemed like the video playback was faster but the audio was still in sync during playback while the audio played back at a normal speed.

As an OS the Start menu design is a mess on both the left and right side for control or the lack there of. Just not efficient. You'll have a hard time laying it out. As for gadgets I added that feature back in and it was working fine. I found individual windows locking up from time to time. More while looking at folders across the LAN. There zero control over Updates in PRO. Microsoft is pushing them to your PC and reseting it when they prefer. So wrong there. Did like the fact that updates to one machine on the LAN will be seen by other machines running Win10 on the LAN. And, that update can be drawn from and across LAN to update the others. Less downloading and faster up dating of PC's with in a LAN. About time for that. If you install Win10 and select not to use a Microsoft ID and don't install a passcode on you account. All will work fine. But later if you use a Microsoft ID (EX: you Microsoft Live ID) to access any one feature (Ex: In my case "Windows Feedback"), windows without your consent or knowledge will rename you profile to full real name and set the passcode to that ID. You'll get an massive what the hell surprise on you reboot of the machine. As a rule, I don't cache logins and ID's inside PC's. The first a hacker hacks is the cache. I've never seen a single cache approach that Microsoft has made that wasn't quickly hacked to get at the passcodes. It Microsoft is doing all this so they have seamless entry into there cloud/store apps. There start menu was filled with useless apps that could not be uninstalled. Only unpinned. LIke the updates to Task manger. Major improvements there. And, for 1st time you cut paste in a CMD window. Now, my utorrent app was not working right and its not the firewall or Windows defender. That, led me down the road of looking at Win10 big brother controls. MS is looking a you PC and files. And, they're doing what ever they feel like. Reporting agencies for what reason. While reserving the right inside there new EULA to share your internal data with whoever they feel like. NOT FOR ANYONE PRIVACY. I stopped my review right there. I don't what any unauthorized (Not By me) outside access looking at my files and my work period. NO THANKS.

I UNINSTALLED WIN 10 RIGHT THERE. And reverted back to Win7x64 PRO.

ALL should note. Microsoft told you the update was for free. But what they did not tell you is that you can only revert backward within the first 30 days of use. Beyond that your suck with Win10. Ya! For most people it takes months to find the flaws. What I've seen so far is only the barest tip of the iceburg.

I then rebooted and launch Acronis from EFI via F11. I wiped out the C: drive and restored my original backup of my Win7 x64 Pro setup I made before the upgrade to install all the new MS crap was gone.

Sorry to say that it for MS 8-10 were lemons. My next OS in Linux and Ubuntu. I just need to work out HID PROXY issues with boot menu controls and upgrade the 512gb ssd to 2TB ssds before setting up those dual boot environments to match my laptop setup.

I'll hail the new King. LINUX.

csimon

Post by csimon »

<Like> LOL!

Return to “Windows on Intense PC”