Windows XP Compatibility

Andy

Windows XP Compatibility

Post by Andy »

Hi there,

I am interested to know if it will be possible to (unofficially) get drivers to enable Windows XP to run on Intense PC Pro?

Thanks very much for your help

gabrielh
Site Admin

Re: Windows XP Compatibility

Post by gabrielh »

No, I am sorry. Windows XP isn't supported on Intense PC by Compulab.
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

girotel

Post by girotel »

Hi,

You can run Windows XP and Windows 8 on Intense PC Pro, as stated above Compulab does not support this.

You can find the official drivers on site vendors like Intel, Realtek, etc, Intel USB 3 drivers are not supported on Windows XP.

Have several windows xp, windows 7, windows 8 and windows server 2012 configurations running on Intense PC Pro.

All drivers can be found here w w w .station-drivers.com and site original vendors.

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

Thank you girotel for your advice.

Please note: Compulab irresponsible for the compatibility of those drivers with IntensePC. Those drivers where untested, and may have some issues. We will appreciate any feedback from the valued IntensePC users, who have tested those drivers.
Gabriel Heifets

jmenard

Post by jmenard »

girotel wrote:Hi,

You can run Windows XP and Windows 8 on Intense PC Pro, as stated above Compulab does not support this.
Hey girotel, I've been trying to get XP to install on the IntensePC, and every time I do Windows Setup fails to see the harddrive. I know the harddrive is working fine, but I don't think the XP CD's have the proper drivers for SATA drives. What drivers did you need to use during Windows XP installation to get it to install properly?

I tried grabbing the XP drivers from the chipset drivers provided by fitPC (they're included in there, for some reason) but they wouldn't work.

Any ideas?

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

You need to switch to IDE mode instead of AHCI, if you want to install Windows XP
Gabriel Heifets

jmenard

Post by jmenard »

I was able to get XP installed by keeping the disk in AHCI mode using an intel chipset 7 SATA AHCI driver that I baked into the windows xp install cd using nlite.

Now after installing all the drivers, all the front 4 ethernet ports work (I got the special front plate), but only one of the rear ethernet ports work. The rear one that works properly shows up in device manager as an Intel 82579LM Gigabit Netwotk Connection, while the non working one shows up as a Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller. I've tried installing hte realtek driver available from the fitpc website, as well as the latest one from the realtek website. The realtek device keeps complaining that the device isn't working because it cannot load the driver for the device.

I've tried un/reinstalling hte realtek device several times with varyinf drivers, but it always gets found to be a relatek device and that the driver always cannot be loaded.

Are the rear 2 ethernet ports from an intel or a relatek device?

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

One from Intel and the second one from Realtek.
Gabriel Heifets

jmenard

Post by jmenard »

Ok. I'll keep trying to get the realtek driver to work for the realtek port...
x

jmenard

Post by jmenard »

I was able to get the rear realtek ethernet port working by grabbing the latest driver for the realtek PCIe GBE family drivers available for Windows XP from their site, more specifically here: http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/dow ... Down=false

Only one unknown device remained, and I believe it is the non-XP-compatible USB 3.0 ports. There was one chipset related device that showed up but had a driver error or something, a simple visit to Windows update after the fact found the driver it needed.

Another thing I noticed, the installer included with the windows 7 chipset drivers ran on XP and installed the proper XP drivers for the chipset stuff.

Once I got beyond the SATA issue, installing XP didn't prove to be too problematic.

Return to “Windows on Intense PC”