annoying noise

Athletejmv

Re: annoying noise; response to Hugoalo and Irads (forum mng

Post by Athletejmv »

Hugoalo,
Is it possible to overheat and damage the processor by disabling the idle feature to recommended? I ask because I noticed this causes the processor to run at 100% all of the time.

Irads,
will there be a feature added to the Intense PC to disable aggressive cpu power management from the bios menu as with the Fit-PC 3? I updated my Intense PC to Bios vers. Cr.2.2.0.377 x64 and did not find this option. I have a mac-mini that runs quieter than this system and I find it frustrating considering I was hoping this would be a silent system.

irads

Re: annoying noise

Post by irads »

Intense PC has built-in protection against overheating so the CPU will not be damaged.
As suggested above you can control power scheme from the operating system.

Athletejmv

Post by Athletejmv »

Irads,
thank you on the timely response and for informing me on the built-in overheating protection. This is good to know. Also, will there be a bios update to help eliminate the noises the power supply emits? The solution that Hugoalo suggests works, but I would prefer something a little less extreme than running the processor at full state if this is possible. Overall, great device and concept, just a matter of fine-tuning.

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

I am sorry, but such feature does not planned to be implemented into the BIOS revision .
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

SoDa

Post by SoDa »

What about Linux Mint? To make the noise disapear, is it possible to change power setting to get the processor to run at 100% all the time?

emurach

Post by emurach »

I'm an Electronics Tech. clearly it all comes down to Loading. A mechanical Hard drive uses "More Power" an a SSD uses way less. The this places the overall loading on the Power Supply to less. So the designed loading curve on the MOSFETS most likely shifts. And that's why you hear the noise. Compulab needs to redesign the circuit with a HDD/SSD Switch. That way the design knows you placed a SSD in the computer and can adjust the power profile curve for mosfets to match it for minimal noise. With such a low power machine. It's the only way. Now Haswell might get around this since most the Voltage regulation is on the CPU die.

Return to “Intense PC hardware”