What is size (and specs) of external power supply?

msuding

What is size (and specs) of external power supply?

Post by msuding »

I don't see any details on website mentioning the size or other specs on the external power supply. Sorry if I missed it.
What size (dimensions) is it?
Does it have a power indicator light on it? what color? (hopefully not the super bright blue).
How long is the cord?
Is the part that plugs into the wall socket 2 prong or 3 prong (grounded)?

In the rare event it fails after warranty, can one be purchased to replace it? What is the price? Or perhaps it is very generic that it can be purchased from many possible locations.

thanks

igor

Re: What is size (and specs) of external power supply?

Post by igor »

You're right - this information is not currently mentioned on the website. We will add it soon.

The PSU is a universal brick power supply with a standard detachable kettle lead AC cord.
The PSU is rated for AC100V - 240V, DC12V, 60W. Brick dimensions: 114mm x 47mm x 32mm. DC cord length: 150cm. AC cord length: 60cm.
The DC plug features the same locking mechanism as the fit-PC3. There is a green indicator LED on the brick.
Units shipped from CompuLab will contain AC cords with US plugs. Local distributors might be supplying units with other AC cord types.

While the PSU is quite standard, the DC locking plug is a custom CompuLab design. It will be possible to obtain the PSU from CompuLab in case of failures after warranty.
PSU pricing for separate purchase has not been set yet.

msuding

Post by msuding »

I had never heard them called "kettle cord" (specific C15 & C16) but that is for high temperature applications like coffee kettles and has a special notch (see attached file).
Did you mean C13 & C14 which is a very common computer/monitor power cord?
screenshot table from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEC_60320
screenshot table from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEC_60320
kettle-cord.png (56.84 KiB) Viewed 11177 times
Thanks

igor

Post by igor »

Yes, it features the C14 inlet.

Return to “Intense PC hardware”