There is a USB 3.0 POrt issues.

USB ports capabilities
emurach

There is a USB 3.0 POrt issues.

Post by emurach »

I using an ARECA ARC-5040 with the FIT-PC3.

I discovered last night if I plug a USB 3.0 device in the bottom USB 3.0 Port it does not get assigned "USB Version: 3.0" when I look at the USB port assignment with USBDeview x64. Nor does the the USB 3.0 device function properly in the bottom port.
<<<< THIS IS MAJOR AND MUST BE FIXED. We paid for two working ports. >>>

Next, I discovered last week if you reboot the FIT-PC3 the ARECA raid stack does not auto reload on the Upper USB 3.0 port with reboot. You must physical disconnect and reconnect the USB 3.0 cable.
<<<< THIS IS MAJOR AND MUST BE FIXED>>>>

Third, I was thinking the newest Texas Instruments v1.16.2.0 driver might fix these issues. NO SUCH LUCK. The newest driver made the whole USB 3.0 system totally un-reliable. The upper port would not function correctly. I to revert the driver back to v1.12.25.0
<< It would be nice to get the benefits of a newer driver if possible>>

No as for current stability on the one upper working port. Its been really good. We just need to fix the above issues.

irads

Re: There is a USB 3.0 POrt issues.

Post by irads »

I asked our R&D to look into it.
Please check there is no issue with your specific fit-PC3, USB cable or the interface to the arc 5040.

emurach

Post by emurach »

I was getting the same results on the lower port using a APIICORN USB 3.0 SATAWIRE 2.5" cable adapter too. It is the port.

It does connect but it does connect and assign USB Version 3.0 to the USB 3.0 device.

Do you have a bios or TUSB7320 firmware update to fix this.

Also, I did try the newest TI ver 1.16.x driver. But all the ports began unstable and non usable using that driver. I had to revert back to ver 1.12.x.

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

Dear emurach

I am sorry for any inconvenience you have with your FitPC3.
I have to ask you for some additional details regarding your FitPC3

1. What is the serial number of the FitPC3?
2. What is your FitPC3 model?
3. What is the board revision?
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

emurach

Post by emurach »

SN# 00216-120131-00618
Fit PC3 PRO Win7 Pro64 bit
Uses the AMD G-T56N

Removed Bottom/drive cover. Looked around. And under Ram. Didn't find a PCB version # anywhere.

toddj

Post by toddj »

Was this ever resolved? I'm having the same issue. Can't use bottom USB3 port for external drive (top port is fine).

Thanks.

eapperley

Post by eapperley »

We have also experienced problems with the USB3.0 ports and external USB drives. I didn't report this previously as I thought it was maybe an issue with the external hardware. I didn't have the time at that stage to spend on further investigation, but it is now clear that this is likely a hardware issue on the Fit3PC

We are using several Fit-3PC units as a low-power servers. The configuration of each server has an internal solid-state system disk for Ubuntu Server, and two external USB drives, one as a Data disk and the second as an R-Sync Backup disk.

As I recall (it has been a year or so since we implemented it) from boot-up at least one of the two USB drives was not recognised when connected to a USB3 port. Our workaround was to switch both drives to the front USB2 ports instead which prevents that problem, but has the undesirable effect of substantially reducing the throughput on the external USB drives.

Can we get a resolution for this issue please?

Eric

mbirger

Post by mbirger »

fit-PC3 has no systematic issues with USB3.0 ports.
Specific units should be investigated per case.

Please try other OS - either Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit or Linux Mint 15/16 64-bit. These are the verified OS. Other Linux distros may require addition configurations or drivers to make USB3.0 ports to operate.

(Note: USB3.0 ports are not operational during boot, only after OS has been loaded.)

Return to “USB”