USB port detection

USB ports capabilities
Sab666

USB port detection

Post by Sab666 »

I don't know if anybody else has this issue but I sometimes have to re-attach peripherals that are plugged into the USB ports at every start up. Im running Win 7 64bit and almost every time I start windows or wake from sleep I have to unplug and plug back in the Audiophilleo 1 USB-S/PDIF converter and my external HD to be recognised. They seem to be getting power but just not being detected. I thought it could be something in the BIOS but I can't find anything. Any ideas on what I can do?

Thanks!

Sab666

Re: USB port detection

Post by Sab666 »

... Anyone?

sesterce

Post by sesterce »

Hi, what USB ports are you using? USB 2 or USB 3?

Jcbbuk

Post by Jcbbuk »

Hi, I also posted on the audio section with this matter.

Getting a USB sound card to reliably work with win 7 and a ssd is looking to be problematic. I have just read 50 pages of forums, so anything from creative labs is out, looking for something else now.

If anyone can guide us that would be great.

Jason

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

The problem may be related to a lack of a power cycle to an USB device. FitPC3 keeps the USB power on even in S4 power mode.
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

Jcbbuk

Post by Jcbbuk »

gabrielh wrote:The problem may be related to a lack of a power cycle to an USB device. FitPC3 keeps the USB power on even in S4 power mode.
Hi, when there is no power surely the USB power can not have power, maybe I misunderstand your comments,
I have read on other forums about ssd and win7 64 bit machines that the drivers don't get loaded due too fast a boot up.. One thing I do known, getting a USB sound card to reliably work is started to worry me alittle.
Pc just loses the fact it has a USB soundcard plugged in.. Pull it out and plug it back in and then happiness. :(

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

Hi. Please try to attach your sound card to an USB3 port
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

Return to “USB”