Wake on USB?

USB ports capabilities
erankin42

Wake on USB?

Post by erankin42 »

Since the built-in IR receiver isn't currently working I have plugged in an Ortek VRC-1100 USB IR receiver. It is working correctly but I don't seem to be able to get it to wake the computer from sleep. From what I've read the BIOS needs to support wake on USB and I need to allow the device to wake the PC in device manager (Windows 7).

I don't see any option in the BIOS configuration for enabling or disabling Wake on USB. Is this supported by the FIT-PC3 BIOS?

Also, can you answer whether or not the built-in USB receiver will be able to wake Windows when it is enabled?

Thanks!

Leonid

Re: Wake on USB?

Post by Leonid »

Wake on USB is supported by default.
We didn't test IR receiver, but keyboard and mouse only.

In addition, wake on USB is supported on the USB2 ports only.
Leonid Firdman

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

Please check if you have the Power Management tab on the device's properties, and the "Allow this device to wake the computer" check box is ticked
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

erankin42

Post by erankin42 »

The device is allowed to wake the computer. I'm not sure if I was using USB 2 or 3, however. I'll test again in USB2 when I get a chance and will post the result. Thanks.

erankin42

Post by erankin42 »

I plugged the IR receiver into the USB 2.0 port and it is correctly waking the computer now! Thanks for the help.

I've got a pretty sweet setup with the fit-PC3 now. I have Windows 7 Pro running Windows Media Center. I have a Silicon Dust HDHomerun Prime with a CableCARD tuner so I get digital cable, HD, etc. in addition to my other media.

I've got the computer configured to go to sleep after an hour of inactivity. Media Center automatically wakes to record shows if needed. I now have the IR reciever waking the computer when I select "Watch TV" on my Harmony 900 remote. Finally I have XBox 360s in other rooms as Media Center Extenders. I configured Wake on LAN so that they automatically wake the fit-PC3 when started.

Such a nice, clean, efficient setup. Really happy with it. My last remaining issue is with the HD Homerun Prime showing tuners as busy when they aren't. Hoping a recent firmware upgrade will help here and I can finally ditch the horrible DVR from my cable company.

Hope everyone is enjoying their fit-PC3 as much as I am.

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Users may find it very useful
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

Return to “USB”