Loosing sound over HDMI when TV is turned off

DVI, HDMI (or lack of), VGA (or lack of), supported displays
engjoa

Loosing sound over HDMI when TV is turned off

Post by engjoa »

Hi

I use my Fit-PC3 Pro as a HTPC. It´s connected to a Sharp LC-60LE636S.
But with the latest drivers for the graphics card I loose sound whenever I turn my TV off.
The only way to regain sound is to have the TV on and do a reboot.

Is there any way around this without spending a ton of money to buy an extra device like the Gefen HDMI Detective?
It seems that the HDMI looses sync when the TV is no longer present.

Sure, I can take the sound from the line-out but then I experience a slight sync problem between picture and sound.
Routing sound over HDMI is perfectly aligned, but then I have the problem with not being able to turn the TV off.

gabrielh
Site Admin

Re: Loosing sound over HDMI when TV is turned off

Post by gabrielh »

Unfortunately, we were unable to reproduce this issue on our side. Please check your TV if it tries to power off an HDMI device to save power. It should be somewhere in the "Green" TV settings
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

engjoa

Post by engjoa »

Hi, thanks for the response

Nope, has nothing to do with the TV or Eco/Green settings. I have them all off and I still loose sound when I turn the TV off.
I get the feeling that HDMI on the PC side does some odd thing when it looses the signal sync.
I have done some research on this and found several forums discussing this problem with ATI and it´s drivers. None though for the Radeon HD 6320.

My previous HTPC, an AsRock 330 HT with Nvidia did not behave like this and I was using the same TV.

I´m not sure but I´m fairly certain that with the first drivers I used this was not an issue but after driver updates the problem started.

I will try and revert back to the drivers I started with to see if that helps. Will keep you posted.

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

I need some additional information regarding this issue

1. About what OS are we talking about?
2. Are you using the Compulab's drivers, or downloaded from other location?
Gabriel Heifets

engjoa

Post by engjoa »

Hi

Sorry

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate. Windows are set to grab sound through HDMI.
I started with the original drivers from Compulab and has then updated when ATI has suggested it.

I did revert back to Compulabs drivers today but I still loose sound when I turn the TV off, and I might add, get no sound if Fit-PC3 is started before TV is on. I have to make sure the TV is on before I power on the PC.

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

As I understand, you haven't had sound issues with the original Compulab's drivers installed. Please try to purge the video driver installation, and to reinstall the original Compulab's drivers. If this doesn't solve the issue, please reinstall the whole system.

Compulab provides specially build video drivers for an embedded systems, that can't be found on the official AMD web site, therefore, updating the video drivers from sources other then Compulab's, is not recommended and unsupported.
Gabriel Heifets

engjoa

Post by engjoa »

Hi Sorry for late reply, been on vacation.

I did a bios upgrade last week and that made my Windows 7 installation to fail. So I did a reinstall of the OS and only used the Compulabs drivers. Problem is gone.

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

Thank you for your update
Gabriel Heifets

Return to “Display interface”