fit-pc2 1.6GHz 1GB as HDTV mythtv backend

fit-PC2 as HTPC
TLE

fit-pc2 1.6GHz 1GB as HDTV mythtv backend

Post by TLE »

Hallo fitpc-forum

I know variations of this question has been asked before, but I could not find the exact information I was looking for.

Would like to use the fit-pc2 1.6GHz 1GB with a large regular harddisk (1TB) as a mythtvbackend with a single USB digital tv-tuner. My question is: Is it powerfull enough to handle the IO associated with recording some HDTV content and serving some other HDTV content to the frontend at the same time?

Regards Kenneth

PS: Remember no decoding or any such stuff is included here, the frontend will take care of that and it has more than enough juice for it.

irads

Re: fit-pc2 1.6GHz 1GB as HDTV mythtv backend

Post by irads »

For streaming it should have enough performance. I am not sure if the tuner stream requires processing at the backend (compression or transcoding), if so this could be a bottleneck.

TLE

Post by TLE »

Hallo Irads

Thanks for your reply.

I'm pretty sure that no processing is required, but that I can check myself. The main questions was whether it would be able to handle both one 1080 stream down to the HD while streaming another from the HD since that is a lot of IO, and I'm not quite sure from your response whether you included the "at the same time" part of my question?

Regards Kenneth

irads

Post by irads »

I expect compressed HD stream to be of the order of 10s Mbit. I don't think there should be a problem with handling 2 concurrent streams at that rate.

TLE

Post by TLE »

Awesome, thanks

Return to “HTPC”