USB Keyboard Not Responding

flitter

USB Keyboard Not Responding

Post by flitter »

Hi,

I've just received the Fit-PC3 (which i'm quite excited about btw) and i'm having trouble getting it to react to an Apple USB keyboard (which is unfortunately the only wired keyboard I have). Even with a powered hub i'm not getting anything on the BIOS screen.

Is there any particular restrictions on the types of USB keyboard supported? I've tried all of the USB ports to no avail. Alternatively can I set up a bluetooth KB?

Thanks!

Leonid

Re: USB Keyboard Not Responding

Post by Leonid »

Hi.

Is the keyboard recognized by the Operating System?

What key do you press to enter the BIOS Setup? (F2 shoud be pressed)

Does the NumLock LED turn on and respond during the boot?

We tested several simple USB keyboards: DELL, Clicker, Lenovo etc. without any problem.

Bluetooh keyboard isn't supported in the BIOS.
Leonid Firdman

flitter

Post by flitter »

Thanks. I can't boot an OS as I can't configure which drive to boot off without the keyboard. I'll go out and pick up a basic KB tomorrow to test.

Apple keyboards don't have a numlock light or anything else that flashes unfortunately. I can't get caps lock light to come on when connected to the Fitpc but it does work when connected to another pc.

I'm just getting the 'shell>' prompt after it lists up all the drives.

flitter

Post by flitter »

Hi,

I've obtained a generic keyboard (Logitech MK200) and it's now responding to the keyboard. Not sure what the issue is with the Apple keyboard but i've never seen it not work with anything else. It may be the built in hub.

Now for some fun! ...

Return to “Using fit-PC3”