HDMI Audio supported?

rmeoc

HDMI Audio supported?

Post by rmeoc »

I have a fit-pc3 which i have connected to my tv using only a hdmi cable. I read in another thread on this forum that the fit-pc3 supported hdmi audio so I expected that no additional audio cable was needed. But i can't get the audio to work over hdmi and I also cannot find anything in the fit-pc3 specs about hdmi audio. So to be sure: does the fit-pc3 support hdmi audio?

igor

Re: HDMI Audio supported?

Post by igor »

fit-PC3 does support HDMI audio. Please check audio setting. The default audio settings are probably for analog audio or S/PDIF.

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

What OS are you using?
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

rmeoc

Post by rmeoc »

I'm using Linux Mint 12. I have now been able to get hdmi audio working after following the "Installing Linux Mint 12" instructions on the wiki, specifically the installation of the fglrx driver and other required utilities. Unfortunately the tv now displays a black border around the screen. The border was not there before the installation of the driver. I have configured Linux Mint to use resolution 1920x1080, which is the native resolution of the tv, and i have confgured the tv to not apply any scaling.

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

FitPC3 was checked on several monitors with FullHD resolution. No black borders were seen during the tests. Can you please provide you TV model?
Gabriel Heifets

rmeoc

Post by rmeoc »

I have a Philips 32PFL9705H/12. I also tried connecting the fit-pc3 to my pc monitor using the hdmi to dvi adapter and in that case the borders did not appear. I found out that the borders are not caused by the tv but by a setting of the display driver. I was able to remove the black borders as follows:
- Select Menu -> Other -> AMD Catalyst Control Center (Administrative)
- Enter password
- Select the display subitem of the Display Manager. In my case it's called "DTV (1)".
- Select the Adjustments tab.
- Drag the Underscan/Overscan slider control to 0%.
- Click on "Apply"
So the problem is solved.

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

Thank You for updating us
Gabriel Heifets

Return to “fit-PC3 hardware”