Windows 7 Drivers - Confusion !!

hassellbear

Windows 7 Drivers - Confusion !!

Post by hassellbear »

Today I updated the drive in my Fit-PC3 from a 120GB Mushkin SSD to a Toshiba 256GB SSD. The process including installing Windows 7 went well until it was time to install the FitPC3 specific drivers provided in the Wiki. At that point, the process became a bit confusing.

When I first configured my Fit-PC3 in 2012, the wiki provided drivers for the following categories:
AHCI
Audio
Bluetooth
Ethernet
FM LAN
USB 3.0
Video
WiFi

These drivers are now contained in the directory:

/download/fit-PC3/Win7/drivers/old

However, in the Wiki parent directory containing the newest drivers the categories of AHCI & Bluetooth are omitted, and the new category of FM SER is included.

I am proceeding under the assumption that I must install a driver for each of the categories:

AHCI
Audio
Bluetooth
Ethernet
FM LAN
FM SER
USB 3.0
Video
WiFi

When available, I am obtaining the needed drivers from the Wiki parent directory. However, if the parent directory does not contain a driver for a category, I am reverting back to the /old directory for that driver. This seems like a reasonable approach, but I cannot be sure given the Wiki's complete lack of instructions in this area.

I would strongly suggest that Compulab revise the Wki in order clarify the process and to group all of the drivers by category. I would suggest that each category should include all of the dated releases for that category.

hassellbear

Re: Windows 7 Drivers - Confusion !!

Post by hassellbear »

Thankfully, Compulab has reorganized and clarified the FitPC3 Win7 Driver section of the wiki. Thanks guys - this was very helpful.

Return to “Windows on fit-PC3”