Fit PC 5 & Intense PC 3

Dual Ethernet, 5.1 Audio, Standard HDMI... post here everything fit-PC2 does not have and you wish it had. We listen.
FitFan5

Fit PC 5 & Intense PC 3

Post by FitFan5 »

I hope that Fit PC 5 will have a DisplayPort as well as HDMI port, unlike the Fit PC 4, which has two HDMI ports. DisplayPort gives flexibility for VGA & DisplayPort monitors that do not have HDMI ports and is also compatible with HDMI. I also hope that when it is released, Intense PC 3 has a quad core processor such as the successor Intel Core i7-4765T and that customers can get models without Intel vPro.

irads

Re: Fit PC 5 & Intense PC 3

Post by irads »

Thanks for the feedback. Choice of display interface is certain never to satisfy everybody. Indeed DisplayPort gains more traction.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

FitFan5

Post by FitFan5 »

Thanks for your response. Another benefit of DisplayPort over HDMI is that multiple monitors can be daisy chained using just one DisplayPort.

The processor that would make the Intense PC 3 amazing is the quad core Intel Skylake Core i7-6920HQ [45W Thermal Design Power]. For the Fit PC 5, would you use quad core based Intel Atom processors? Also, do you have information regarding the release date of the Fit PC 5 and Intense PC 3? Thanks in advance.

irads

Post by irads »

Indeed, daisy chaining is an advantage of Display Port.
Unfortunately I cannot go into discussion about unannounced products. We have decent visibility into new and upcoming CPUs.

FitFan5

Post by FitFan5 »

Thank you for your response. I understand that you can't discuss future products. That said, it would be nice to see a Fit tablet with Wacom pen. I am looking forward to see what you guys make in future and will be looking at your products. I do hope you can make user customizable PCs where options and modules can be easily chosen.

irads

Post by irads »

We hear many inquiries about mobile form factors (tablets, netbooks etc.)
Compulab is focused on fanless computers and embedded SBCs / SOMs, so I can state that we have no tablet in the works. While a tablet is not particularly challenging to design, the market is dominated by tier 1 and low-cost manufacturers. We believe we cannot add value to that market.

FitFan5

Post by FitFan5 »

Thank you for your response. I look forward to your future products. I hope you guys have customer customizable PC ordering for new models as well as the ability to purchase additional FACE modules. Thank you for listening to my suggestions.

irads

Post by irads »

Thank you for taking interest in our products. I agree that our direct online sales forms are very basic. We intend to extend them.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

FitFan5

Post by FitFan5 »

I look forward to being able to customize PCs. For example, when your new models come out, I would like to confgure a Core i7 Intense PC without vPro, which I do not like. It also would be nice to choose the amount of memory as well as SSD brand and capacity too.

FitFan5

Post by FitFan5 »

Another feature that would be great would be if you could have USB 3.1 ports on your future models.

Return to “Wish list”