Linux Mint 13, XBMC

hdsjulian

Linux Mint 13, XBMC

Post by hdsjulian »

Hi there,

so I installed Linux Mint 13 and the EMGD drivers on my Fit-PC2 as explained above but they won't work with opengl. I also found these instructions for Intel Mobile Chipset 4 cards http://www.icpep.org/mobile-series-4-di ... or-higher/
Here opengl seems to work but xbmc is incredibly slow so i can only assume that 3d isn't hardware accelerated. Video doesn't work.
Any ideas what I can try? Or a tipp on which linux distribution to use where it all works?

Cheers,

Julian

gabrielh
Site Admin

Re: Linux Mint 13, XBMC

Post by gabrielh »

Hello Julian

I am sorry, but even when the XBMC's UI shows acceptable performance, there is no way to take advantage of video playback hardware acceleration from the inner player. You can use an external player with vaapi support, like mplayer and vlc, but you'll suffer from instability issues during the video seek procedure.
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

hdsjulian

Post by hdsjulian »

Thanks, any recommendation for a useful media player setup that involves my tv and possibly a remote (even better would be a smartphone app, though)?

Denis

Post by Denis »

In general you can connect to the fit-PC2 via SSH from your smartphone and use command line mplayer for video playback. This scenario may require some tweaks to be performed and some Linux skills.
Compulab's Linux support

Return to “Linux Mint”