VGA output

Discussions about fit-PC2 accessories
macerkiste

Re: VGA output

Post by macerkiste »

I'm running the Fit-PC2 with a HD Fury2 hooked up to it. And I would saay, it works pretty much at any resolution the Fit-PC2 supports (only tested 1024x768 and 1280x1024 so far).

jkish

Post by jkish »

Very good!

1024x768 is all I need to talk to my touch screen.

Now I just need to find a way to output analog and digital sound (SPDIF) at the same time...

RonM

Post by RonM »

I see that the HDFury 2 costs upwards of $130. This is untenable for me, and defeats the purpose (I'd mostly not be using the Fit2 with a monitor, but need that capability). The monitor I'd be using is a VGA-only, and buying a new one with HDMI is out of the question.

This is a big disappointment and means I probably won't be able to use the device, unless it is possible to use the USB ports to output to VGA.

Comments and suggestions?

Ron

Black Lab

Post by Black Lab »

xlthim

Post by xlthim »

Has ANYONE been able to drive a VGA monitor yet??
I've tried three different ways to put this thing up on a projector so I can load the OS. The DVI to VGA cable doesn't work. The DVI/VGA adapter doesn't work.
HOW DO I SEE MY VIDEO OUTPUT??!!

xlthim
:?:

xlthim

Post by xlthim »

Can anyone tell me what would happen if I plugged this thing into my HDMI plasma?

xlthim

fluffycloud

Post by fluffycloud »

Yes, there are several confirmed cases of people using expensive equipment to take a digital signal that the Fit-PC2 (or any DVI-D card) and reproduce it as an analog signal with output to VGA.

For example, if you read carefully, the first post in this thread says he was able to do it using the product "HD Fury2" in 1024x768 resolution.

-Fluffy

fluffycloud

Post by fluffycloud »

If you pluged it in to a tv with a HDMI cable, it would probably produce a very nice video display with no sound. There's a possibility that the top and/or bottom of the screen may not be visible due to some tv's using "Overscan", whatever that is.

-Fluffy

karl.ziegenmeyer

Post by karl.ziegenmeyer »

xlthim wrote:Has ANYONE been able to drive a VGA monitor yet??
I am using the USB2VGA2 USB dongle from Startech in Ubuntu, VGA at home DVI-D at the office. I can post the xorg.conf if anyone is interested.
Karl

benjgil

Post by benjgil »

We have been evaluating a number of USB to VGA/HDMI adaptors to enable connecting fit-pc2 to a VGA screen directly or to a second DVI/HDMI display - two of them are working perfectly, enabling either to add a second display with VGA or simply making a sole, main VGA display.

We will be retailing them from our Fit-PC UK site for approximately £35 - i'll post details here when they're available.

And if anyone is interested, we are also evaluating an adaptor which brings audio out of the USB connection and connects the audio to standard 'red-white' audio input. I'll announce details of that evaluation on the relevant thread.

Benjamin
Fit-PC UK

Return to “fit-PC2 accessories”