VGA output

Discussions about fit-PC2 accessories
xlthim

Re: VGA output

Post by xlthim »

Best Buuy has a wireless USB device to send video to the VGA of a monitor. It's $299.95. Neat idea, but I can't spare that much right now.
Took the Fit home to my plasma and got my system loaded. Once the video driver loaded, I had to scale the resolution back the second best setting to keep it all on the screen. I guess I need to find a cheap TV with HDMI on Craig's list or something.

After loading the GMA driver, it fouond the HD audio device, but it still doesn't work correctly. There is an error showing iin the device manager. Any ideas?

tks, xlthim

ender

Post by ender »

HD audio device needs the Realtek driver, and it's not related to HDMI output - it's for the analog jacks that Fit-PC2 has.

xlthim

Post by xlthim »

I realize that.
I loaded the driver called audio, and it didn't work.
After i loaded the GMA for the display, it detected the HD audio, but still doesn't work.

xlthim

spark240

Post by spark240 »

For what its worth, I had loads of problems getting it to work with my Panasonic 42" plasma via HDMI, once i downloaded the GM drivers, all works great ! had to output the audio via the mini jack, but thats no problem, now have it running internet, skype video calls etc from my kitchen TV .
i would say though that the resolution on the internet is a bit grainy, some small print is hard to read, I had to change the font size to large.

sankara

Post by sankara »

Benjgil :
About those usb graphic cards you are testing on ubuntu, are they containing the "displaylink" component ?
if yes, which driver r u using ? building yours ?

Bjorn

Post by Bjorn »

Hi everyone,

The HDfury HDMI(DVI)-VGA converter (about $100) should be able to take care of the 'problem' for all of us who need a VGA signal from the fit-PC2. However, the HDfury is an active component and thus needs power. The power needed for the HDfury to work is 0.4A (5VDC), preferably directly from the DVI output (using pin 14) on the fit-PC2. Now, does the fit-PC2 meet this requirement or do I need to feed the HDfury separately (e.g. from USB) in order to make it work?

Regards,
Bjorn

xlthim

Post by xlthim »

I just found an HDFury for US$67.00. it should be here tomorrow. I'll post what I find out about it.

benjgil

Post by benjgil »

The HD-Fury works with Fit-PC2 without any extra power source - i've been using one here for a number of months and it works straight out of the box.

If you're looking for a good price in the US, we're actually buying them from the link below and shipping to the UK as it's by far the lowest price we've seen on the net at $57 for one.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/produ ... 1&format=2

yogev_ezra

Post by yogev_ezra »

I wonder if it's worth to add some money and buy HDfury 2008 Gamer Edition - to use 1 cable instead of 2-3. I also wonder why you don't need power supply if some sites say it still needs power supply...

benjgil

Post by benjgil »

Hi Yogev,

It could be that some computers dont supply enough power through the DVI port to fully power the HD Fury, but i can confirm that it works very well with Fit-PC2 without any extra power input.

There may be increased performance by adding the external power cable, such as more vivid colours and such like, but i've played HD-content on our 42" LCD over here through the HD-Fury (without external power) and it looked fine.

Return to “fit-PC2 accessories”