No audio in fit-PC2 rev 1.21 after installing Windows 7

r5e

No audio in fit-PC2 rev 1.21 after installing Windows 7

Post by r5e »

I have just installed a clean W7 on my fit-PC2, which had been XP before that. My audio worked perfectly from the headphone jack using the Microsoft drivers.

Then I installed the latest BIOS update. Since then, my audio setup seems to only recognise digital audio (which of course the fit-PC2 does not support). I have tried using the W7 audio drivers. Then finally, I have downloaded the file attached above and followed the instructions.

I still get no sound from my headphone jack at all, although I can see the levels moving on the volume control when I play sounds - I just can't hear them.

I've also re-installed W7 and methodically been through the steps to make sure I have the correct drivers. Since the BIOS update, I cannot seem to get any sound at all.

Can you please confirm what r1.4 is? Is this the latest BIOS? If so, then I get no success from the patch attached above. I'm happy to try other things as well if my solution can also help other users with the same problems.

irads

Re: No audio in fit-PC2 rev 1.21 after installing Windows 7

Post by irads »

This BIOS is not recommended for your fit-PC2. Please flash http://fit-pc2.com/wiki/index.php?title ... 4-Dec-2009.

r5e

Post by r5e »

Thanks for your quick response. I have now downgraded my BIOS as suggested and I no longer have the problem. :D

The download page that you link to is not the one displayed from the "download" link on your main page. The normal link simply offers a list of files, whereas the one you offer explains what they are for, hence I simply downloaded the newest version. I'd suggest to save confusion in the future you improve that link.

Also, where can I tell which revision I have? How am I to know that I have Rev 1.21 instead of 1.4? I can see nothing on the packaging, or on the casing.

irads

Post by irads »

Fixed, thank you for the advice.
For revision identification see http://fit-pc2.com/wiki/index.php?title ... _Revisions.

Return to “Audio in Win7”