Realtek HD Audio driver problem in Win7

Sempiterna

Realtek HD Audio driver problem in Win7

Post by Sempiterna »

The Realtek HD Audio drivers don't seem to work correctly in Windows 7. When i connect headphones to the headphone jack, it informs me that something was connected. But i (from what i noticed on my other pcs and laptops) should also get a popup where you can select what type of connection you just made (headphones in my case). However, that popup never comes up, and thus i get no sound from any set of headphones...

In the analog speaker screen in the REaltek HD Audio Manager, there is a little folder, and if you click on that, it should give 2 options (which i translated from dutch):

1- Disable detection of frontpanel connections
2- Enable popup dialog

However, i don't have option 2. So no way to get the popup dialog screen.

The headphone jack on my fit-pc however does work, because when i select "Quadrophonic" or "5.1 speakers" from the realtek manager, and test the sound, i do get the backspeaker sounds in my headphones. Which is pretty useless for headphones because the backspeakers dont carry the usual sounds.

I googled around and noticed a staggering amount of people having the exact same issues with Windows7, mostly laptop users. Uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers make no difference.

To make a long story short... any idea how to get my headphones to work? Since the Fit-PC2 is the same all around, i assume everyone with WIndows 7 will have the same issues with it.

Sempiterna

Re: Realtek HD Audio driver problem in Win7

Post by Sempiterna »

Maybe it is useful to mention that i have a fit-pc2 rev 1.4, which has 5.1 and s/pdif. Maybe that interferes with the current realtek drivers?

Unrelated to this, i also have a problem with a bluescreen every time i shut down my TV set. The bluescreen indicates that the display driver timed out. As long as i have the TV on, the fit-pc works, when i turn the tv off, the fit-pc dies.

irads

Post by irads »

See http://fit-pc2.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1687
Did you get the Win7 pre-installed?

Sempiterna

Post by Sempiterna »

No, i decided to get a diskless fit-pc because i rather had 500GB instead of 160 :)

Thanks for the patch. However, i installed XP now, which works but is unbearably slow. Opening a window takes ages.

I would rather use Windows 7, but even with the audio patch, the biggest problem with it is the blue screen which appears as soon as i turn off the TV set. The display driver times out.

Return to “Audio in Win7”