No Audio WinXP

jimmythekidd

No Audio WinXP

Post by jimmythekidd »

hey y'all, I'm having trouble getting audio to work in Windows XP
I had windows 7 installed and sound worked fine however I changed back to XP (for more speed) and now I cant get sound to work.
I downloaded the latest drivers from this website and made sure it was for the FIT-PC2 not the FIT-PC2i

I've checked my speakers and headphones and both work fine on another pc.

there are no driver issues that I can see, although there is an exclamation point next to AVR309:USB to Uart protocol converter (simple)

the Realtek drivers install ok with no errors but there is no sound output, its like its muted, everything appears to be working but there is no sound coming out at all.

any ideas?

Leonid

Re: No Audio WinXP

Post by Leonid »

Hi.

Please, disconnect audio jack from fit-PC2 and connect it again.
Do the popup menu with connection options appear?
If yes, choose the appropriate option: Line Out or Headphones.
Leonid Firdman

Speebs

Re: No Audio WinXP

Post by Speebs »

Hi, I'm having this exact problem. Everything looks fine in Windows, but I am just not getting any sound. The model is a fit-PC2-D2G-C2000-W which is listed as using 1.4, so I'm not sure why the audio won't work.

I have installed all drivers. When I plug known working headphones into either of the audio jacks, the Realtek audio manager does pop up to let me know that I plugged something in, but I don't get any audio. I even tried downgrading the firmware to the 12/2009 version, to no avail.

Please help!

Return to “Audio in XP”