Adhoc Connection issues

hensip

Adhoc Connection issues

Post by hensip »

I got ubuntu 10.04 running on these lil sweeties. I had an issue getting the wireless to work. After extensive research, found drivers to make it work. great. Now i cant get ad-hoc connections to work. I have looked at almost everything google can get me. One article said the wireless card is not supported. Can anyone point me in the right direction, please?

fly

Re: Adhoc Connection issues

Post by fly »

I haven't tried it, yet, and I can't test it right now... however, giving the problems with master/hostap mode, ad-hoc seems to be a nogo. Which wifi card are you using, which drivers? The drivers provided by rt2x00 project don't seem to support it. The ralink staging drivers might do, but I doubt it...

-edit-
I googled and spotted a post claiming that ad-hoc works for rt3090-dkms (ralink drivers provided via ppa). But as I said, I highly doubt it but I have currently no way to verify/falsify it.
Last edited by fly on Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hensip

Re: Adhoc Connection issues

Post by hensip »

I am already using the rt3090-dkms drivers. Thanks anyway... btw anyone knows how to disable the onboard wireless in the BIOS. no good to me if it doesnt work. I looked but ...

Return to “Ubuntu 10.04”