Latest Intel Windows 7 display driver on Windows 8

vtailor

Latest Intel Windows 7 display driver on Windows 8

Post by vtailor »

It works. It also demonstrates that the flash plugins waste computing power, while silverlight gives full screen, full motion, sound in synchronization on the z510.

vtailor

Re: Latest Intel Windows 7 display driver on Windows 8

Post by vtailor »

On the other hand, the fit-pc2 driver download IEMGD lets you adjust resolution to something comfortable for the z510, like 1360x768 or 1024x768, which is a big improvement over the most recent Intel gma500 driver.

I also recommend the standard realtek sound driver for both Windows 7 (on the z510) and Windows 8 (on the z530). The tricks to getting it to work are (a) install in Vista compatibility mode and (b) make the driver think your analog sound output is the rear surround pair of a Quadrophonic setup. rather than a pair of computer speakers.

vtailor

Re: Latest Intel Windows 7 display driver on Windows 8

Post by vtailor »

I don't know if you want to withhold this or not: Basically, my question is why are Intel and Microsoft seemingly out to screw you? I am able to verify that certain resolutions work very, very well on this z530 fit pc2i, and those do not include the resolutions made possible by the Windows 8 compatible driver from Intel.

Furthermore, the IEMGD driver from Compulab, which works so well on Windows 7, absolutely refuses to install on Windows 8. Which means that the user is stuck with the new Intel driver's 1920x1024 resolution which is extremely inefficient. The only alternative is the 1024x768 resolution, that obviously works well, even in VESA mode, but simply does not have an adequate amount of desktop space.

I have a monitor that lets me run augmented RIPLinuX in 1280x760 resolution in exact scale on the z530, so that, e. g., fonts are rasor sharp, and there is a slight margin at the edge of the screen. So, I am able to tell the difference with the Windows 8 installation running 1920x1024 on the other partition. I am going to try to fool Windows 8 by moving things around into their "installed" directories, but it is likely there are some impregnable permissions on the files to prevent this. You, on the other hand, are in a position to alter your April IEMGD driver you released so that it fools Windows 8 into installing it in Windows 8 mode, the same way that the Realtek sound driver installs in Windows 8 mode with no backtalk from Windows 8. If you have trouble with my English, get someone who understands English to translate for you. You need to take action to foil Microsoft and Intel.

Return to “Windows 7 display driver”