How to turn off "connect to projector"- extended disp. mode?

RBMcC

How to turn off "connect to projector"- extended disp. mode?

Post by RBMcC »

Another video question from a new FitPC2 with W7:

When initially fumbling around to solve a video problem to a projector, I turned on the 'extended display mode" in the "connect to projector" program of windows 7. Now unless I boot in safe mode, I can't see the display after windows loads. When I select "connect to projector" from the start menu in safe mode, nothing happens- the program doesn't run. Changing the video resolution in control panel accomplishes nothing.

How can I turn off or deselect this "connect to projector", extended display mode? Do I have to reload Windows7 to straighten this out?

Thanks,
Bruce

fly

Re: How to turn off "connect to projector"- extended disp. mode?

Post by fly »

When initially fumbling around to solve a video problem to a projector, I turned on the 'extended display mode" in the "connect to projector" program of windows 7
What exactly are you trying to accomplish? You have just one video output, so extending your desktop wont do you any good..
Now unless I boot in safe mode, I can't see the display after windows loads.
I assume Windows uses the LVDS as primary source, which is not connected, and then things get weird. Does it work, when you don't use the projector but a normal external display?
How can I turn off or deselect this "connect to projector", extended display mode? Do I have to reload Windows7 to straighten this out?
I don't use Windows anymore, but I would try to boot into failsafe mode, disable/remove the gma500 display drivers and reboot. Maybe there is a way to set the primary display in safemode, too.

Return to “Windows 7 display driver”