No Video after Windows install starts

ChicagoTS

No Video after Windows install starts

Post by ChicagoTS »

Just got my Fit-PC2i from Amazon today.. very excited. Had it delivered to a trade show I'm at. I wanted to run a small webserver off it at the show for registration.

I plugged it into a Samsung 22inch monitor running at 1600x1050 and when the unit booted for the first time, the bios window came up and then a starting windows display. After a few moments, the screen goes black and then the monitor light starts flashing (no signal). After 5 minutes, I turned off the unit and turned it back on. I tried to boot into Safe Mode but it said it needed to complete setup and could not do that in safe mode.

I'm assuming it doesn't like the monitor resolution for some reason. Any way I can get this running?

benjgil

Re: No Video after Windows install starts

Post by benjgil »

Booting initially in VGA mode should let you see the video output past the splash screen - Press F8 on startup.

Once you've gone through setup you can set the resolution output to the one your monitor is looking for - generally 1280 x 768 works for most monitors, though the best resolution to use is always the monitor's native resolution.

Hope that helps!

Benjamin

irads

Post by irads »

You need to enable LCD clock in BIOS.

ChicagoTS

Post by ChicagoTS »

Where can I find that? I don't see that in the BIOS.

Phoenix BIOS Date 8/31/09
MENU OPTIONS - Main / Advanced / Intel / Security / Boot / Exit

In Intel there is a Video sub menu but it only shows memory allocation.

irads

Post by irads »

BIOS from 31-Aug-09 does not have control over LCD clock - it is always enabled. Are you sure you have fit-PC2i and not fit-PC2 ?.

ChicagoTS

Post by ChicagoTS »

DOH! I was telling someone about the "i" model and must have typed that.

Sorry. Yes, PC2 (not i)

ChicagoTS

Post by ChicagoTS »

Got back from my trip and plugged into another monitor with a more normal (standard) res and it came up. But.. it only sees 1024x768 as the max. Also I see that it thinks there are 2 displays?

irads

Post by irads »

Disable display 1 (LVDS, not connected) - then you should have all supported resolutions on display 2 (SDVO).

Return to “Windows 7 display driver”