Wrong Win7 Display Resolution Problem

eToolGuy

Wrong Win7 Display Resolution Problem

Post by eToolGuy »

I've installed all the latest drivers from fit-PC2.com and all current updates for Win7. I have connected my fit-PC2 to a native 1440x900 resolution monitor with an HDMI cable. My problem is that the display driver does not correctly identify my monitor and does not list the correct native resolution for my monitor. My display driver version is 8.14.10.2019 dated 11/23/09.

The resolution options I'm getting range from: 1920x1080 to 800x600, but do not include 1440x900. Not using the native resolution looks really lousy! Is there a way to force the driver to correctly identify my monitor or to force it to use a specific resolution?

irads

Re: Wrong Win7 Display Resolution Problem

Post by irads »

eToolGuy

Post by eToolGuy »

Thanks... but unfortunately the update made no difference. There's got to be a way to force the adapter to use 1440x900... every adapter I've used from ATI and Nvidia in the last 3 years will do this easily. I really don't want to return my Fit-PC, but an LCD scaled to the wrong resolution is just unusable.

Thanks for your help.

irads

Post by irads »

It is possible to force resolution in XP and in Linux with IEGD driver. We do not know how to do that in Windows 7 with the GMA500 driver.

sdrevik

Post by sdrevik »

What am I supposed to do then? I am trying to field 100 of these things next year, I can't buy OEM XP, I can only buy Windows 7 from the vendor (and they won't load it because I want to put it on a 64GB SDD), so it sounds like I can't use this box at all because of the resolution problem.

RKz

Post by RKz »

XP Pro FES (For Embedded Systems) is available until 2016.
You can buy it in min qty of 10 after signing an agreement with Microsoft.
There are a few restrictions, like you are not allowed to install Microsoft Office, otherwise it is just a plain XP pro.
Richard Klingspetz
System Technology Sweden AB

Leonid

Post by Leonid »

You can use Windows XP Embedded or Windows Embedded Standard 2009
Leonid Firdman

benjgil

Post by benjgil »

We still have very good stock of Fit PC2 and 2i with Windows XP here in the UK, and could support your -unit roll-out with pre-loaded XP units.

We dont know how long stock will last - demand is relatively high and XP units arent easy to source elsewhere - but for the moment we can support the project as above.

Please PM me for pricing and up-to-date stock quantities.

Rgds
Benjamin
Fit PC UK

Return to “Windows 7 display driver”