Ethernet not working correctly. (RTL8111F)

CNBjohan

Ethernet not working correctly. (RTL8111F)

Post by CNBjohan »

Hi,

We have recently purchased several fit-pc2i barebone's.

Type: D2G-C1600-W

The first problem we had is that it couldn't do a PXE-boot. This issue has been solved using a bios update.

I have also already had contact with a support engineer who told me that the fit-pc2i's we have purchased are revision 1.3 units. The have the new RTL8111F ethernet controller instead of the RTL8111C.

We are currently deploying a number of units with windows 7. We have created a master on 1 device and then copied this installation using Ghost. In the master both ethernet ports worked correctly. If we use the copy in the same unit then none of the 2 ports are working anymore.

We have installed the original disk again with the master installed on it and even though it worked before, now none of the ethernet ports are functional anymore.

This is really becoming a problem and we only have it with these new revision 1.3 units. We never had any network issues with the older revisions.

We urge you to give us (and probably a lot more customers) a solution to make both ethernet ports work every single time we boot up a device.

Thanks in advance.

mbirger

Re: Ethernet not working correctly. (RTL8111F)

Post by mbirger »

Hi,
The answer also provided by email.
Please RMA all fit-PC2i Rev1.3 units experiencing LAN disappearance issues.

Thanks,
Max.

Return to “Ethernet”