Unable to boot fitpc-2

Issues specific to fit-PC2i
tomsimano

Unable to boot fitpc-2

Post by tomsimano »

I have multiple fitpc-2's, but am having an issue with one of them. the computer feels like it's running, it's hot to touch, and you can feel hard drive vibration. However, when I power it on, I don't see a BIOS screen and it doesn't boot. I know the computer name, and am unable to ping it after I let it sit for a few minutes. Also, I know it's not booted because I can hit the power button and it'll shut down immediately, as if it's stuck before or after the bios booting.

I have pulled the hard drive out, and made sure I can plug that into another computer with no issues, and I can see the drive. I have tried to boot with no hard drive, and that appears to function the same.

gabrielh
Site Admin

Re: Unable to boot fitpc-2

Post by gabrielh »

Lets try to narrow the failure possibilities, and try to get a BIOS screen

Remove the HDD from the FitPC2 and attach to it nothing, but keyboard, mouse and the screen cable. Make sure that all this components are FitPC2 compatible without any issue by attaching them to your other FitPC2.
Now try to enter the BIOS, like you would do with your other FitPC2.

Please report me back with the results
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

tomsimano

Post by tomsimano »

Thank you for the reply. I was able to pull a hard drive from a different fitpc2 and have that work. It's odd that it doesn't seem to be a bad hard drive since I can plug the hard drive into another machine and it works fine, it pops up normal and I can browse and use it as an external drive with no issues.

So it must be a hard drive that something is stopping the BIOS from posting.

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

That is strange too. Try to place the "strange" driver back to the FitPC2i, and see it works again
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

Return to “fit-PC2i hardware”