Power Plug for Fit2-PCi

Issues specific to fit-PC2i
ebrinton

Power Plug for Fit2-PCi

Post by ebrinton »

I must say I was impressed by the new power plug on the FIT-PC2i.
Very simple yet very effective.
I assume the design change was in response to complaints about the power plug on the first Fit-PC2s which became disconnected rather easely.

We plan to deploying these units powering them with DC power sources and would like to make up or purchase our own power cables. Can you offer a part number, spec, or source for purchasing this little connector (or complete assembly) that has the "ear" for the screw on it?
...eb

irads

Re: Power Plug for Fit2-PCi

Post by irads »

Currently we do not order the plug separately. For a small amount the most cost effective solution would be to cut the cable off the power supply.

We received numerous requests for such a cable so we will order them and start offering as soon as we have them.

yogev_ezra

Post by yogev_ezra »

Linuxshoppen (the Denmark distributor) can provide those cables at MOQ 100 and price 7$ each. You can contact them at: email@linuxshoppen.dk - maybe they even can give you a better price.

TimeScience

Post by TimeScience »

Power tip specs for the FitPC2 are below. I don't think the barrel size changed for the 2i, just the fact that it now has a screw hole. For our systems, we just cut the tip off the adapter that comes with the fit pc since we wire them all to dc power anyway and don't need the AC adapter. Works great.

1.35mm internal (+12V)
7.5mm length
General tolerance +/- 0.1mm
RadioShack H connector
From here: http://www.fit-pc2.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=351

ebrinton

Post by ebrinton »

Back in 2009 IRADS mentioned DC power cords for the FIT-PC2i with the little screw fastener might be available in the future.

Any one know if/where the cords can be purchased (hopefully in USA).
We are powering the FITs from a DC source and don't need the AC adapter but still want the security of the fastener.

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

please contact sales@compulab.co.il
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

Return to “fit-PC2i hardware”