Hello I am new here

Where can I buy fit-PC2? How much does it cost?
jmlxg10

Hello I am new here

Post by jmlxg10 »

I wonder when and where I can order one of these that ships to the United States because that is where I live? The model I want is the Fit PC 2 Value:

* CPU: Intel Atom Z510 1.1GHz
* Storage: No hard disk. Bay for 2.5" SATA
* No WiFi
* No operating system

Standard features:

* Memory: 1GB DDR2
* Display: DVI up to 1920x1080
* Audio: High definition 2.0
* LAN: 1000 BaseT Ethernet
* USB: 6 USB
* IR Receiver
* miniSD socket
* 12V power supply

* PN: FITPC2-C1100
* Price: $245 :D

I don't think I need wifi and I don't need a super fast CPU. Do you guys think this is a good idea? I have a Sata 160GB Hard Disk I could put an OS on. The Gigabit Ethernet sounds nice thought. :mrgreen: I am thinking of running some benchmarks when I do get my hands on this PC because I am curious of how powerful it is I don't expect too much thought. :?:

Jesse

yogev_ezra

Re: Hello I am new here

Post by yogev_ezra »

You will be able to order from Amazon or from this site (via Paypal) in a few weeks:
* Amazon ships to USA.
* This site ships via UPS to [almost] any place in the world, including USA.
* A list of dealers will be also published on this site soon.

jmlxg10

Post by jmlxg10 »

Thanks For answering MY question thought I have another one. Which Operating System would best to use on the Fit PC 2? :?:

I Will be using this pc for emulation and older games for example ut2004 but more on the lines of Unreal tournament GOTY. This thing will be hookup to a 28 in LCD I bought over a month ago. :mrgreen:

Jesse Lee

paulusdebkb

Post by paulusdebkb »

Well, what OS does Unreal Tournament run on? If your version runs on Windows XP, I'd suggest that Windows XP is the 'best' operating system for your needs, such as they are.

irads

Post by irads »

I recommend against trying to use fit-PC2 for 3D gaming.

jmlxg10

Post by jmlxg10 »

Hello,

Yes I know that it is about the speed of a Pentium 4 1600mhz cpu wise. I know now to research before I buy another PC and I have done most of my research. I know doom 3 will be slow and quake 4 will choke I don't care about those games very much. And I won't want to run crysis on anything Intel Video card unless I want seizures. It is that slow on anything but a new video card. Basically I am an emulation freak how needs a very low power pc and the Fit Pc 2 should fit my needs pretty well. :mrgreen:

Jesse

Return to “Buying fit-PC2”