Will the RS232 version ever be available in the UK?

Where can I buy fit-PC2? How much does it cost?
Toymaker

Will the RS232 version ever be available in the UK?

Post by Toymaker »

After waiting 9 months, I see that the RS232 version is still not available from the UK website? I am about to give up and try to find some alternative. Will the RS232 version ever be available here? Is it worth continuing the wait? The date the website says when it will be become available justs keeps being put back!

Toymaker

irads

Re: Will the RS232 version ever be available in the UK?

Post by irads »

fit-PC2i rev 1.2 includes a functional RS232. It is available now at www.fit-pc.com
The UK website is maintained by a distributor, not by the manufacturer CompuLab.

Toymaker

Post by Toymaker »

OK, I will rephrase the question, is the rev 1,2 ever going to be available via your distributor in the UK? It kind of makes sense to buy the machines locally else it requires overseas carriage and takes longer to get here.

irads

Post by irads »

Distributors are independent companies that decide what to keep and when.
Recently fit-PC2/i experienced very high demand which caused delays in direct sales and distributors ability to stock.

RKz

Post by RKz »

Hi

We have stock of 1.2, both Linux and diskless
www.shop.systemtech.se
Richard Klingspetz
System Technology Sweden AB

fly

Post by fly »

Well, the problem is that most people do not want to import fitPC2 from a foreign country because long distances, speech problems and different laws make RMA procedures difficult - even within the EU. So it would be quite nice to find a UK distributor for a UK customer.

Return to “Buying fit-PC2”