DVI-I or VGA video output.

The requests in this sub-forum has been addressed with announced or soon-to-be-announced products
LMacNeill

DVI-I or VGA video output.

Post by LMacNeill »

The fact that this thing cannot connect to any of the 50 analog-VGA monitors I've got is a deal-breaker for me. This thing needs to have an analog video option, period.

Can you bring out a DVI-I signal on the HDMI connector, instead of just a DVI-D signal? Something that'd work with a cheap ($10) HDMI to VGA cable? If you could do that, I'd buy 50 of 'em right now. No joke.

irads

Re: DVI-I or VGA video output.

Post by irads »

fit-PC2 will not have VGA or DVI-A anytime soon.
Check http://www.fit-pc.com/new/fit-pc-slim-s ... tions.html

LMacNeill

Post by LMacNeill »

Yeah, I've already got a couple of Fit-PC Slims. They're just not quite quick enough for our purposes, unfortunately. The Fit-PC2 should be plenty quick, but it's really gonna be a stretch to spend $125 per unit to either buy a new monitor or buy an HDMI-to-VGA adapter. :-(

yogev_ezra

Post by yogev_ezra »

Maybe USB to VGA adapter could help you. It's cheaper than DVI to VGA converter. Although it draws 2W more or so from the Fit-PC2.

konrad44

Post by konrad44 »

I also opt for DVI-I. fit-PC perfect for heavy duty wearable computing (like this guy http://wearablepersonalcomputer.com/) save for lack of analog video output.

The great feature of fit-PC is low power consumption. Using USB-VGA is a workaround to the video problem, but is means just 20% more power consumption. A painful thing when you carry your batteries around on your belt.

HereBeMonsters

Post by HereBeMonsters »

So how does it work at the moment, it looks like an HDMI socket?
There are, of course, many problems connected with life; of which some of the most popular are: Why are people born? Why do they die? And why do they spend so much of the intervening time wearing digital watches? - Douglas Adams

Return to “Addressed requests”