New repository for fit-PC2

mumpitzstuff

Re: New repository for fit-PC2

Post by mumpitzstuff »

I have 2 problems with the installation so far. If i try to switch the user in gnome (fast user switching) i get always an unlock screen where i can not use my mouse and should enter a password. After i entered the password i get back to gnome without changing the user. No user switching is possible in gnome. My second problem is that i can not get the package lm-sensors working. i get always errors from the sensors-detect script like required modules lm92 and ds1621 are not currently installed. Is there any way to get the CPU and system temperature in Ubuntu?

Denis

Post by Denis »

Hi,
Regarding user switching - it`s a problem of dedicated graphic drivers, xserver-xorg-video-psb and others. With vesa drivers user switching works fine but you loose graphics quality. I don`t think it will be fixed in near future.

Regarding system temperature in Ubuntu please read this thread http://www.fit-pc2.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=401
Compulab's Linux support

gixmi

Post by gixmi »

of course i will also suggest you make a meta-package, something like "linux-fitpc" or something that depends on all the packages you listed above.

Return to “Ubuntu 8.04”