Are you happy with the "speed" of your fit pc 2?

Is fit-PC2 good for my intended application?
clearblue

Are you happy with the "speed" of your fit pc 2?

Post by clearblue »

I'd like to hear feedback from people about how happy they are with the
"speed" of their fit PC2. How does it compare to other desktop PC's you have owned. Are you happy or do you feel frustrated surfing the web, opening email, downloading basic documents, and small videos, etc? Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thank you.

sfzhi

Re: Are you happy with the "speed" of your fit pc 2?

Post by sfzhi »

I'm using my fit-PC2i as a server/router, so can't really compare it to a desctop PC. But I also have an Acer AO751h netbook, which has practically the same hardware as fit-PC2. It runs Windows XP and it is fast enough for the majority of typical tasks. One thing it is not fast enough for is playing HD video without hardware acceleration. With hardware acceleration it's fine, but I get blue screen when playing some videos (must be a driver problem).

clearblue

Post by clearblue »

Thank you. That's helpful. I'd love to hear from a few more people.
All the best...

kreativmark

Post by kreativmark »

I just got my fitpc2i. Im not satisfied with its performance. for me, it's kinda slow compare with my old dell optiplex gx270. :?:

browsing is fine but when you get in the youtube or vimeo. the video quality is jerky. :(

is there a way to improve it? i just upgrade the video driver to intel gma 500 and displaying it on 720p tv.

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

monnier

Post by monnier »

clearblue wrote:I'd like to hear feedback from people about how happy they are with the "speed" of their fit PC2.
There is little doubt that a fit-pc2 is no speed demon, so do not expect miracles. I use mine as my main desktop at work and I have found it to be frustratingly slow at times, but the reaon for it is not so much lack of CPU horsepower, as lack of memory: my model only has 1GB (there was no 2GB model back then) and that is very constraining, so it often ends up thrashing. I replaced my 2.5" internal drive with an SSD instead to speed up swapping, and while it's no real substitute for true RAM, it does help relieve the pain.

For my use I expect that a 2GB machine would be fine (I have a netbook with the same CPU and 2GB of memory running the same OS and which I use similarly, other than the display size, and it doesn't swap much at all).

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

2GB of the RAM significantly improve the FitPC2's performance under the Windows 7. If you are a home/office user, please consider the FitPC3
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

Return to “Using fit-PC2”