ipcop intended use

Is fit-PC2 good for my intended application?
PodcastBunker

ipcop intended use

Post by PodcastBunker »

I've used ipcop for years and currently run it.
The reason I purchased fitpc2i was to use it for ipcop.
We after purchasing a USB CD, and creating an iso of the lastest...(yes it's old)
but it works as great firewall....the only stumbling block was when ipcop began to install and go to the ethernet cards and did not recognize the realteks. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. You would think that some thought would have been put in place that some may want use this as a firewall and would have used a more common ethernet card in these boxes. But no. So now I'm stuck and wondering if anyone has a solution to install ipcop on a fitpc2i ?

No I don't want smoothwall. I still have nightmares about Richard who ran everyone away 8 years ago. And I reallly don't have the time to learn Pfsense at this point. So please no suggestions about other firewalls, only if you have a solution to get ipcop running on a FitPC2i is all I'm internested in hearing about.

Thanks,
Bruce
PodcastBunker.com

irads

Re: ipcop intended use

Post by irads »

We do not support specifically ipcop. Since RTL8111 is very common on PCs I suggest checking that the other way round - through ipcop community.

snowsam

what about with IPCop v2?

Post by snowsam »

Bruce,

IPCop v2 is out. Have you tried getting it working with your fit-PC2i ?

I'm interested in buying a fit to replace my current aging IPCop machine.

Thanks!!

snowsam

Re: ipcop intended use

Post by snowsam »

I can confirm that my fit-PC2i Value with a 4GB ssd is working fine using ipcop v2.

-Sam

Return to “Using fit-PC2”