windows drivers

swebs

windows drivers

Post by swebs »

I just receieved my C1100 fit-pc2

I installed windows xp but I still have the following errors in the hardware manager and can't seem to get any USB wireless nics to work. I can see my network and all the settings look good in ipconfig but cant ping/nslook and pages.

The following errors are in the hardware manager:
- AVR309: USB to UART protocol converter(simple)
- PCI Device
- Video Controller(VGA compatible)

Please help. I installed all the downloaded drivers from the support center.

Thanks in advance.

swebs

Re: windows drivers

Post by swebs »

A little more info.

I've tried 2 different USB wireless cards. both with the same results.

Wireless card and driver seem to install fine, no errors. I can see my network in the "Show wireless networks". I press connect and it says connected and I get a vaild IP address. I can get to all the shares on my local network but I can not surf or ping or nslookup any sites outside my network.

My Laptop sitting right next to my Fit-PC2 with the same settings and wireless USB nics works fine.

When I do an IPCONFIG it appears that all the settings look good. IP/DNS/Gateway.

Please help.

irads

Post by irads »

The problem may be RF interference from HDMI cable.
You may try to take the WiFi adapter away from the HDMI or turn-off the display and ping from another PC.

swebs

Post by swebs »

I disabled the hdmi and VNC'd into the machine using a crossover cable to my laptop.

I can see the wireless signal is 100% and connected to my local network. But it can't resolve anything.

Any other suggestions?

Its happening on both the C1100 units I ordered and I tried 3 different USB wireless nics.

irads

Post by irads »

Most likely a configuration problem with either NIC or AP.

Return to “XP installation”