Dual Screen via VNC using USB to VGA multiscreen adapter?

wysiwyg

Dual Screen via VNC using USB to VGA multiscreen adapter?

Post by wysiwyg »

Hi,

I am running a FIT-PC2 headless at the moment and using Real VNC to administer it.

I know the FIT does not support Dual head, but is it possible to use one of these USB to VGA adapters to fool the fit into thinking it has another screen plugged in and extending the desktop?

I need extra screen real estate when VNC'd into the FIT using my laptop and since I have a second screen connected to my laptop I wanted to take advantage of two screens via VNC.

Has anyone out there used this sort of arrangement and if so what USB to VGA adapter did you use?

Much appreciated.

Cheers
Mark

sdrevik

Re: Dual Screen via VNC using USB to VGA multiscreen adapter?

Post by sdrevik »

I have a related issue, hope I don't mind me camping on:

I am also going headless, using TightVNC to remotely manage, but when the unit reboots, it always reboots to 640x480 resolution. Is there any way I can fix it to boot in high-res mode (it will with a monitor attached)??

sdrevik

Post by sdrevik »

FYI, I have tried MultiRes, ResSwitch, and a program called XP_UserDisplay... something about the driver prevents these kinds of tools from altering the resolution (providing a status that those resolutions are not supported).

wysiwyg

Post by wysiwyg »

Hey Guys,

If you want your fit to operate headless and eliminate the fit going into a default resolution of 640x480 when screen is disconnected, visit the following post:

http://www.fit-pc2.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1781

Install the video driver and you are in business!

On my other dilemma, I bit the bullet and went out and bought a USB to VGA screen extender.
Works perfectly, it fools the fit into thinking it has a second screen and now via VNC I have dual monitors visible on the two screen I am using on my desktop!

So it works!

Cheers
Mark

Return to “Display driver”