Re: New EMGD driver available

Post by elupus »

eh?

Windows* version: 1.0 Release date: January 6, 2010 File Size: 82,604KB
Linux* version: 1.0 Release date: January 7, 2010 File Size: 108,812KB

lucazade

Post by lucazade »

Main issues in my opinion are: no free license, closed source, poor performances, no good packaging.
The name this time is better, i like EMGD more then IEGD.. :lol:

lucazade

Post by lucazade »

fly wrote:Hi lucazade, welcome to this board :) I hope you don't mind I crosspost quite a lot of information from the ubuntuforums.org thread over here. Did you get a fitpc2 yourself?
Thanks,
Fly no problem at all about crosspost, you reported only interesting stuff.
I haven't got a fitpc2, i believe one gma500 device is enough for me at the moment (i have an acer751h).
I hope Compulab can package this driver like did with Karmic even if it's not the state of the art.

fly

Post by fly »

jbernardo wrote:Status on the EMGD driver - won't work either on Lucid or Maverick. Since it is all supplied as binary, no source for the X driver parts, it is...
... not very helpful for ubuntu atm. At least that is what other tell me. Using meego, it should work fine.

I, myself, are currently not considering even trying to switch to emgd, because the psb driver works somewhat stable on lucid. With a 'supported' LTS release the pressure for moving to a new driver isn't very high anymore. I hope that psb driver matures and that there might be some new, working and maybe even opensourced driver ready when life cycle for lucid comes to an end.

Return to “Display driver”