Securing power connector

Power discussions, CPU and case temperature
zoundz

Securing power connector

Post by zoundz »

Just wondering if anyone has a good way to secure the power connector to avoid those inadvertent power down oopses. Is there an accessible screw that could be used to secure a cable clamp without compromising the unit? Obviously there are a million rather ugly sticky tape based solutions, but I'm hoping for something a bit more elegant and tidy.

TIA

irads

Re: Securing power connector

Post by irads »

We will introduce a solution in a week or two, but it will apply only to new units.

zoundz

Post by zoundz »

So will your announcement include a generous trade in offer for those of us who bought a FIT-PC2 2 weeks ago? :D

As the laughter dies down, I wonder if there's any possibility of an alternative solution for those of us who already own one?

Is there any place on the audience right side of the case where something could be carefully mounted? That is where there's nothing inside to get shorted out by a small screw hole. This is a rather important thing since most OS's really don't like having their power yanked out from under them.

Great little unit with a couple of glaring oversights IMHO. The absence of WOL being another major missing piece. But then again, I guess you can't have everything.

irads

Post by irads »

We are not exhanging old units for new ones. This is an impossible business practice.
What we do is announce well in advance about new models, so buyers can decide whether to go for the current offered models or wait.

There will be no available solution to the power-plug in two weeks - just the announcement.

For comprehensive discussion about what is missing from fit-PC2 check the wish list.

jens

Post by jens »

I have just started noticing this problem too. My fitpc will switch off
when I try to remove a usb drive (mounted in the front via cable). The fitpc
moves approx 1/4 inch and switches off. I have tested that all that is
needed for it to power off is a little wiggling of the power plug. Did a
solution come up for this (applicable to old units)?

irads

Post by irads »

A solution for an old fit-PC2 would be to secure it in place (e.g. with a piece of velcro).

Return to “Power and Heat”