Auto-On Time

CoreSupport

Auto-On Time

Post by CoreSupport »

We have some Fit PC2's and the auto-on appears to only work when the power has been removed from the Fit for around 5 minutes.

Other Fit PC2's in the office will Auto On instantly after power reset.

Is there a known issue were the Fit needs the power removed for a certain period of time before the Auto On will work?

Does the power removal time increase with the amount of time the Fit has been powered on?

We are using in the Fit in an idustrial / remote location were a power removal is required to do a restart and ideally the power should be off for no more that 10 - 20 seconds.

irads

Re: Auto-On Time

Post by irads »

Capacitor should discharge for auto-on to work. It should normally take no more than 10 seconds.

If the system takes significantly more than that you may consider contacting RMA.

CoreSupport

Post by CoreSupport »

Thanks irads for you reply. I will then consider contacting RMA

sebrlw

Post by sebrlw »

My application is susceptible to short power cycles. That can leave the fit-pc2i off indefinitely. That is not acceptable as it will be in a remote location. A UPS is not a good solution either because of the remote location.

Is there a recommendation to shorten or eliminate the auto-on cycle time requirement?

-- Steve

irads

Post by irads »

The auto-on time has to do with non-trivial power management circuit - it is not a feature.

The solution should be in the form of controlling the transients on power loss and resume. There are off-the-shelf solutions for achieving that.

sebrlw

Post by sebrlw »

Thanks. I won't ask for a recommendation. However, can you provide an example of a COTS solution?

Return to “Auto-ON”