elitecamper

Auto-on stopped working

Post by elitecamper »

Auto-on stopped working on my fitpc2.
I can turn it on and turn it off with the power button,
but it doesn't automatically turn on when the power is
plugged in like it used too. Any ideas how this could have
happened?

Its been less than a year so I will consider possibly sending it to compulab for them to check it out.

irads

Re: Auto-on stopped working

Post by irads »

This must be a HW problem. Please email rma@fit-pc.com

ebrinton

Post by ebrinton »

Does anyone know if the Auto-On Hardware Failure issue has been diagnosed and resolved on new FIT-PC2i units? I have threee units experiencing this problem where they do not re-start if power is removed for less than 80 sec. I just contacted the RMA department for repair. Before orddering any new units, I want to know if the problem is thoroughly understood and fixed.

irads

Post by irads »

3-5 seconds is reasonable, 80 seconds isn't.
fit-PC2 rev 1.21 needed to have manual wiring to enable auto-on. In rev 1.4 auto-on is implemented at PCB and is much more reliable since. See http://fit-pc2.com/wiki/index.php?title ... _Revisions to determine the revision of your fit-PC2 units.

Howard

Post by Howard »

I've just had a machine on a client site apparently suffer from this.

Power was lost then auto power on didn't kick in. I don't know the duration of a the power loss. Pressing the button brings it back on line. These are FitPC2i (1.6's) from the last few weeks.

Is there anything in BIOS that might need changing?

Any clues if this might be achieved remotely thru Ubuntu that is installed on the machine - I have a remote login to the system

I have a router between me and the FitPC, that has wake-on-lan facilities. I've never used this capability in any context. Am I right in thinking this only would work if the machine was in a sleep or hibernate state, as opposed to powered off.

irads

Post by irads »

Very short power interruptions may result in auto-on not kicking in.
WoL works only from standby.

samsteriliz

Post by samsteriliz »

I have several new fit-PC2 computers I purchased in the last two months from Amazon.

Auto On worked on all of them out of the box. Now, a month after installation, Auto On doesn't work on most of them. I see there are several people that have the same issue on the fit-PC2 Users Forum.

Our application requires Auto On every time our system is power cycled, which is every few days.

Please advise if you have corrected this problem or if you will be replacing with just more of the same computers.

sebrlw

Post by sebrlw »

As Irad said, a restart may not happen on a short power cycle. I experimented with 5 fit-PC2i units. A typical hold-off time of >10 seconds was required.

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

That is correct.

If the power loss is less then a 5 sec, the power on feature can not be guaranteed
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

samsteriliz

Post by samsteriliz »

The computers I have don't auto-on unless they are without power for several minutes. What is Compulab's solution?

Return to “Auto-ON”