OpenWRT and fitlet-X-lan

supz

OpenWRT and fitlet-X-lan

Post by supz »

Using micro SD to try booting a variety of OpenWRT images. So far have tried chaos chalmer in x86, x86_64 and geode, from https://downloads.openwrt.org/chaos_calmer/15.05/x86/.

All seem to fail, in different places. The most common thing I see is the last message printed to kernel buffer is "Switching to clocksource tsc". I don't think the clocksource is specifically the issue, as I've tried substituting a couple of different clocksource= grub boot options. I think it's rather something to do with loading the right firmware for the graphics / other.

Does compulab have any recommended kernel config / required settings needed? I'm experimenting with a variety of different options right now... so far:

Code: Select all

CONFIG_DRM_RADEON=y
CONFIG_FB_RADEON=y
Gets a little further in the boot process, however it still ultimately hangs after enumerating USB devices.

Looking for a little bit of guidance from the experts. I can share ansible build scripts I'm using

irads

Re: OpenWRT and fitlet-X-lan

Post by irads »

Unfortunately we have no experience with OpenWRT.

muphoria

Re: OpenWRT and fitlet-X-lan

Post by muphoria »

I'm running openwrt 15.05 on a fitlet-H, basically the same thing.
i'm using the x86/64 build with the ext4 combined image. it didn't work for me at first either the default openwrt build doesn't have drivers for the correct intel ethernet or hid for the usb keyboard. i ended up starting the image in virtualbox, installed what was missing, then cloned that image to a usb drive. works great now.

Return to “Other operating systems on fitlet”