Surface Temperature

pegasus21

Surface Temperature

Post by pegasus21 »

What kind of surface temperature on the casing can we expect from the fitlet-i compared to the fitlet-iA10 at both idle and full load?

irads

Re: Surface Temperature

Post by irads »

Touch temperature was given a lot of attention during the product design. Nominal temperature is 40C to 60C. Thanks to the surface geometry that minimizes touch area fitlet surface feels significantly cooler than fit-PC2 at the same temperature.
(our thermal designer calls it "heat polarization")

pegasus21

Post by pegasus21 »

Thanks. I don't think I'll want to touch it while it's in operation then.

So between the 2 models the casing temperature is about the same?

irads

Post by irads »

There's no problem touching fitlet during operation. Usually it's just warm.

The A10 is not just higher performance, it is significantly more energy efficient so under similar load it will run cooler.

Arwen

Post by Arwen »

irads wrote:...
The A10 is not just higher performance, it is significantly more energy efficient so under similar load it will run cooler.
I ran across something similar with my AMD3 system. The original CPU was a single core Sempron 2.8Ghz, 45watts. My Replacement CPU was a quad core Athlon IIx4 at 2.6Ghz, also 45watts.

Afterwards, the desktop used less power at idle, (I have a watt meter). Even at full tilt, it was only a little bit more power.
Plus, the variable speed fan ran slower at idle. Something I did not expect. This desktop was already reasonably quiet. Now, even more so.
Arwen Evenstar
Rivendale, Middle Earth

Return to “Mechanical”