compatable mSata list

gunjar

compatable mSata list

Post by gunjar »

Hi,

in the Wiki section you have a list of suitable RAM for all products using user changeable RAM including the Fitlet.

Next to that you offer a list of compatable mSata for the Fitlet but when one clicks on it all one gets is a Google + sign in page, as I and possibly many others of your customers don't use Google + (or any other social media for that matter), would it be possible for the list to be up in the same way that the RAM list is, that is, not exlusevised, open to all your users.

Looking forward to your release of the next batch of Fitlets, hope its sooner rather than later!

Thanks
Gunjar

irads

Re: compatable mSata list

Post by irads »

Thanks for the feedback. I forwarded to the support engineer in charge.
Technical documentation is in the wiki. G+ is used as a blog and for notifications. All posts there are public and requires no registration to read.

mbirger

Post by mbirger »

Thanks for the comment. Now it is public.

gunjar

Post by gunjar »

Hi Irads,

Thanks for the answer.

But,
now when I go to the Wiki there is no longer an Item: Compatable mSata list, nor can I find one on your publicly accessable G+ page, its not a hurry of course, I won't need it till I get my hands on a nice barebones A10 fitleti, just getting prepared to source the bits I'll need.
Will be nice to move up to something with more RAM, speed & mobility than my very good little fit-pc2i.

Regards
Gunjar

irads

Post by irads »

gunjar

Post by gunjar »

Thanks Irads,

Couldn't see it for looking! :oops:

Regards
Gunjar

irads

Post by irads »

Actually the wiki was reorganized following your post.
Thank you for your feedback!

slcpunx

Post by slcpunx »

IS the Samsung Evo 840 supported? or is only the ones listed on the chart?

irads

Post by irads »

The ones on the list were tested. We have not encountered any case of mSATA that doesn't work with fitlet, so the Samsung Evo 840 is most likely to work well.

Arwen

Post by Arwen »

slcpunx wrote:IS the Samsung Evo 840 supported? or is only the ones listed on the chart?
I've installed a Samsung Evo 840 500GB mSATA in my fitlet-iA10. Seems to work fine
so far.

Don't forget to check up for firmware updates. Both my 500GB mSATA and 1TB SATA
had firmware updates posted by the vendor recently. The issues do involve longevity
and speed, so you really want those updates.

My 15 month old 1TB SATA, (also Samsung Evo 840), was starting to get slow. So I
went through the effort of triple backups, then firmware update. (But thankfully I did not
need to perform a restore.) Speed back to the expected amount.
Arwen Evenstar
Rivendale, Middle Earth

Return to “Storage”